SVNO Locomotive Roster
The SVNO is a recently revived shortline. The right of way was owned and operated weekly by CN Rail for a while, after they purchased it from Barrington and Thomson Bay Railroad (BTBR). The BTBR had engine facilities, and passenger stations. It was a regional passenger and freight shortline which fell into decline in the 80's. Two locomotives remained with the line, and were rebranded as CN locomotives. These two locomotives were GP9's. They were part of the deal when CN sold the rights to the line to the SVNO.
The SVNO has also acquired some locomotives through the used market, and also through lease to own packages.
- 102 - GP9 - Amherst Switcher
- 103 - GP9 - Barrington Switcher
- 1501 - GP15 - Commonwealth Rail Interchange unit
- 1502 - GP15 - Commonwealth Rail Interchange unit
- 1701 - GP38-2 - Mainline Power
- 1702 - GP38-2 - Mainline Power
- 1703 - GP38-2 - Mainline Power
- 1740 - GP40-2 - Mainline Power
- 1801 - SD40-2 - Mainline Power
- 1802 - SD40-2 - Mainline Power